This week’s questions are:
1. Agree or Disagree. If people want to have more than one spouse they should be allowed to do that.
If their beliefs allow for them to do that, I agree. Marriage for me should not be a legal process. It should be spiritual one.
2. Do you believe in ethical non-monogamy? YES.
3. Is polyamory something you want? NO. I believe it can be allowed, but it’s not for me.
4. Do you wish that your ethical non-monogamy was a societal/cultural norm?
It is already a cultural norm although not a societal one. I believe that it should not be part of any norm.
I know that it does exist and I accept those who practice it, but there should be a standard norm which is monogamy.
5. If you are in or have been in an open sexual relationship, what are the best bits?
I was in an open relationship and the best part was that you can be attracted to another person and not feel guilty about it. You can engage in sexual acts with other people and not be called a cheater or a liar and yes, not being subjected to interrogation… you can hang and party with your partners without the fear of getting busted. It’s the freedom to do things you’d normally not do in a monogamous relationship.